Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Eclipse, Ant, CVS with Windows 7

I got a new machine with Windows 7, and started to setup my build environment.

We have an ant script to update from CVS and tag and etc...

Simply adding following ant task I could do this.

<target name="cvs_update">
<cvs command="update -dP">
</cvs>
</target>
<target name="cvs_tag">
<cvs command="tag ABC_${build_time}">
</cvs>
</target>

But, we should install WinCVS/CVSNT to run this task.

In Windows 7 I got a first issue, ant couldn't find the cvs.exe even if the cvs.exe in PATH variable. And if you check the in command prompt by type cvs it will run. But in Eclipse when you run above ant task it will keep saying application cvs not found.

[cvs] Caught exception: Cannot run program "cvs": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Only solution I found is:
uninstall and install CVSNT into a folder, which name doesn't have any spaces (Example Program_Files_(x86))

The 2nd I faced in login

 [cvs] cvs update: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password [cvs]

The only solution I found is:
Run CVSNT Password Agent.